About Dr. Dhiren Shah
Gujarat’s First Heart Transplant Surgeon
Gujarat’s Finest Cardiac Surgeon
Best Cardiac Surgeon in Gujarat
Ahmedabad’s Best Cardiac Surgeon
- Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgeon. Chief Heart Transplant Surgeon
- Director. CIMS Hospital
- Passed MBBS, MS from B.J.Medical College & Civil Hospital Ahmedabad.
- Passed MCh (C.V.T.S.) from Delhi University (One of the oldest Cardiothoracic Institute of India) in 2002
- Pioneer in Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS) in Western India.A part of the Pioneering team in India in developing Surgical Ventricular Restoration and Heart Failure Surgery
- First to do Trans Aortic Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) in India
- First in Gujarat to do heart transplant surgery till dates done successfully 9 Heart Transplants as of July 2019
- First in India to do Hybrid CABG
- First in Gujarat to do youngest CABG in child aged 8 Yrs
- Pioneer in establishing Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery in Western India
- Specialization in Adult Cardiac Surgery (Total arterial CABG also), Heart Failure Surgery, Valve Repairs, Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Experience of over 10,000 open heart surgeries
- Trained in Mitral Valve Repair under Dr.Alain Carpentieur and Dr.Phan at Alain Carpentieur Foundation Hospital, Vietnam. Fellowship Course in Minimally Invasive at Leipzig Heart Insitute, Germany under Dr.Friedrich Mohr
- Observership in Heart Transplant & Artificial Heart at UPMC University Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
- Member of Heart Failure Society of India.Specialization in Heart Failure Surgery
- Specialization in LV assist devices implantation
- Leading the team of cardiac surgeon which include four cardiac surgeons, three cardiac anesthetic, three percussionists, and a team of intensives
- Doing 1000 cases open heart surgery in every year
- Director of one of the best hospital in Gujarat its green hospital name of CIMS hospital
- Executive council member of Indian Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (INSHLT).
About Dr. Dhiren Shah
Dr. Dhiren Shah is a Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgeon in Guajart, India. He is also a Director at CIMS Hospital, rated one of the best multispeciality hosptials in India.
Education & Specialization
He has passed MCh (C.V.T.S.) from Delhi University, which is known to be One of the oldest Cardiothoracic Institutes of India in 2002 with Gold Medals. Dr. Dhiren Shah has specialization in Adult Cardiac Surgery with Total arterial CABG , Heart Failure Surgery, Valve Repairs, Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, and Minimally Invasive Surgery.
Experience & Membership
He has an experience of around 10,000 open heart surgeries. Has been trained in Mitral Valve Repair under Dr. Alain Carpentieur & Dr.Phan at Alain Carpentieur Foundation Hospital, Vietnam. Fellowship Course in Minimally Invasive at Leipzig Heart Institute, Germany under Dr. Friedrich Mohr. Pioneer in Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS) in Western India. A part of the Pioneering team in India in developing Surgical Ventricular Restoration and Heart Failure Surgery. Member of Heart Failure society of India. Specialization in Heart Failure Surgery and Stem cell therapy.
Dr. Dhiren Shah is regarded the foremost expert for cardiac surgery in Gujarat as well as India. With one of the highest successful surgical cases performed, he is easily regarded as the best cardiac surgeons in Gujarat and one of the best cardiac surgeons in India. He has also been instrumental in offering healthcare mobile applications for patients through patient guides and informative apps that help patients during pre operative and post operative care and guidance.
His mobile application – Cardiac Surgery Patient Guide, has one of the most downloads for any doctor in India who has created a mobile application focused towards patient healthcare guidance. His mobile application is easily available to download free of cost to everyone in the world. He has been quite clear that patient’s should always be educated properly.
Dr. Dhiren Shah is an executive council member of Indian Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (INSHLT).
Dr. Dhiren Shah – Top Cardiac Surgeon
Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgeon. Director, CIMS Hospital. A down to earth doctor, he is a personality who endears himself to his patients with his easy personality and care for his patients. A good surgeon and an equally good human being, Dr Shah’s contribution to the foundation emphasizes his commitment to help the needy. Dr. Dhiren Shah is respectably known as the finest and best cardiac surgeon in India and western India.
|Office Address||Residence Address||Website|
Near Shukan Mall,
Off. Science City Road, Sola.
23, Golden Lotus Bunglows,
Behind Sukan Mall,
Science city Road, Sola.
|Nationality||Gender||Date of Birth||Marital Status||Spouse|
|Indian||Male||7th June 1974||Married||Hetal Dhiren Shah (Architect)|
- Basically from Gandhidham Kutch Gujarat , son of a Bank Officer Mr Shantilal K Shah.
- Did schooling from Kutch and Gandhinagar .
- Married to Hetal. She is Architect by profession.
- Has 2 daughters. Navyaa Shah and Uditi Shah.
- May 2002 : M.Ch in Cardiovascular & thoracic Surgery (C.V.T.S.) Joined M.Ch (C.V.T.S.) course in May 2000 at G. B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi (Delhi University) one of the oldest Institute in C.V.T.S. course in INDIA. G.B. Pant Hospital & Medical Institute, New Delhi:- Where over 1200 open-heart cases were done in a year, with wide range of surgeries from infancy to adults were done.
- December 1999 : M. S. (General Surgery) Joined M.S. (General Surgery) course on 1st February 1997 at Civil Hospital & B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat (Gujarat University) 1500 bedded Civil Hospital is biggest hospital in INDIA.
- Rotational Course in 1) C.V.T.S. 2) Paediatric Surgery 3) Oncosurgery.
- Completed the course & obtained Master of Surgery (M.S.) degree in December 1999.
- 1996 : M.B.B.S. Degree Joined M.B.B.S. course in July 1991 at B.J. Medical College & Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat (Gujarat University)Traumatology.
Licensure & Certification
- 1996 : Gujarat State Medical Council, Ahmedabad, Reg. No. : – G-25593 (M.B.B.S).
- 2000 : Registration of additional qualification M.S. (General Surgery) G.9370 Gujarat, Medical Council Ahmedabad.
- 2002 : Registration of additional qualification M.ch (C.V.T.S.) Delhi State Medical Council, New Delhi.
- 2006 : Mitral Valve Repair certificate course at Alain Carpeintiar Institute Ho Chi Minh city Veitnam.
- 2008 : Member of heart failure Society of India.
Training for excellence
- Trained for Mitral valve repair surgery from Dr Alian Carpaintuer and Dr Van Phan from Ho Chi Min, Vietnam.
- Trained for MICS (KEYHOLE) heart surgery from Lepzig heart Centre Germany under Dr Fedrich Mohr.
- Trained for Heart Transplant and Artificial Heart implantation for UPMC Pittsburgh USA.
- Trained for Aortic Valve replacement by MICS procedure from Mt. Sinai Hospital, Miami Florida USA.
- Trained for TAVR in Medtronic international centre Switzerland Europe.
From 2002 working as Consultant cardiothoracic surgeon in Ahmedabad with a very unique group of doctors ( CCC group) which is a group Practice of Cardiac surgeon and Cardiologist, now a Team of 20 doctors . In a year doing around 1000-1200 open heart surgeries , probably highest number in Gujarat , and western India. Was attached with the reputed Hospital of Gujarat like Sterling hospital , SAL hospital , Shalby Hospital.
Since last 5 years came up with one of the most technologically advanced and best Hospital named CARE INTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (CIMS HOSPITAL).
Founder, Director of this First GREEN Hospital of India with the unique blend of medicine and conservation of Mother Nature earth. CIMS hospital is ranked among the best hospital in India in medical care and treatment.
Expertise in Bypass surgery, Heart failure surgery (weak Heart ). Valve replacement and repair surgery.
Has done almost more than 7000 open heart surgeries.
Established the centre of excellence with most advanced technology in the field of Minimally invasive heart Surgery. Pioneer in doing all heart surgery through small cut and without cutting the bone, making recovery of the patient faster and cosmetically superior in young females.
At present leading the team of 5 cardiac surgeons, 3 Cardiac Anasthetist, 3 perfusionists and the whole team of other 6 doctors
- September 2002 till date Working as consultant and Director of C.V.T.S with Care Cardiovascular Consultant group Attached with Sterling Hospital and Shalby Hospital Ahmedabad.
- May 2002 – Aug 2002 Senior Residency at G. B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi, Delhi University. Specialized training in Valvular Heart Disease, Congenital Heart Disease & Adult Cardiac Disease.Consultants : – 1) Dr. M. Nigam 2) Dr. A. Banerjee 3) Dr. D. K. Satsangi 4) Dr. S. Dubey 5) Dr. M. Gheelani 6) Dr. V. Grover.
- February 2000 – April 2000 Senior Resident at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai in C.V.T.S. Dept.Consultants : – 1) Dr. R. Panda 2) Dr. S. Joshi 3) Dr. A. Mehra 4) Dr. Honnikari 5) Dr. Hemant Kumar.
- January 1997 to January 2000 Residency in General Surgery at B. J. Medical College & Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad (Gujarat University). Training in à General Surgery Speciality Training in : 1) C. V. T. S. 2) Paediatric Surgery 3) Traumatology 4) Gastrosurgery 5) Oncosurgery 6) Plastic Surgery.
- Consultants : –
- Dr. S. S. Vyas
- Dr. G. H. Rathod
- Dr. R. R. Patel
- Dr. P. K. Dave
- Dr. D. D. Patel
- Dr. Maniar
- Dr. M. Shah
- Dr. B. Shah
- Consultants : –
- May 2000 – August 2002 G.B. Pant Hospital & Medical Institute, New Delhi:- Where over 1200 open-heart cases were done in a year, with wide range of surgeries from infancy to adults were done.
- From September 2002 –June 2009 Working with Care Cardiovascular Consultant Group, Ahmedabad doing more than 1300 surgeries per year.
- CABG above 3000 cases
- Multi arterials using bilateral mammaries & Radi.
- Specialization in total arterial surgery.
- 80-85% off pump cases.
- LV dysfunction cases (EF < 30%) 30-40% cases.
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration (SVR)/ heart failure surgery
- Includes Linear repair, DOR procedure, Septoplasty post MI VSDsà 350 cases.
- Pioneer in India in Surgical Ventricular Restoration using Mannequin (chase medical) along with Mitral Valve Repair.
- Left Ventricular Overlapping for Dilated Cardiomyopathy (OLCVR) for globally dilated cardiomyopathy. About 20 cases done (first time in India) , with good results.
- Redo CABG
- Valvular Surgery : – More than 2000 cases with special interest in mitral Valve repair.
- Beating Heart Mitral Valve Replacement.
- Redo Valve Replacement.
- Mitral Valve Repairs.
- RF Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation.
- Aortic Root Enlargements.
- CABG above 3000 cases
Paediatric Cardiac Surgeries
Paediatric Patients starting with 2.5 Kg & more
- TAPVCS (2 cases)
Has exposure in Aortic Aneurysm Surgery both Thoracic & Abdominal
- Aortobifemoral, Femoral popliteal, Popliteal tibial Bypass.
- A-V Fistula.
- Subclavian Axillary brachial artery interventions.
- Carotid Endarterectomy.
Pneumonectomy, Lobectomy, Decortications etc.
Papers & Publications
- Pulsatile flow during cardiopulmonary bypass using intra aortic balloon pump favors cardiac surgery outcome in pregnant woman, Poster presentation at IACTS 2005.
- Ventricular overlap- an alternative to heart transplantation: our early experience -paper presentation in IACTS 2005, and JATS 2005.
- An atypical presentation of Aneurysm of Sinus of Valsalva (ASV)—Poster Presentation at IACTS 2005.
- Surgical ventricular restoration (SVR)- a comprehensive surgical therapy for patients with congestive heart failure—Paper presentation in IACTS 2005 and JATS 2005(Japenese association).
- Effect of surgical ventricular restoration on functional status, left ventricular function and Mitral valve regurgitation in Indian patients – an immediate and intermediate term study—Paper presentation at IACTS 2005.
- Comparison of Star Edward Valve against other Mechanical valve in Indian scenario—Paper presentation in ISMICS conference 2003.,and also the dissertation topic.
- VSD repair in hypertensive pulmonary artery pressure—dissertation topic.
- Unusual presentation of ASD device with large la clot on it—Poster presentation in IACTS 2001.
- TREATMENT OF CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE (CHF) DUE TO POST MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION DILATATION USING DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES OF SURGICAL VENTRICULAR RESTORATION (SVR)—paper presentation at IACTS 2006 Bangalore.
- EARLY RESULTS OF 12 CASES OF OVERLAPPING CARDIAC VOLUME REDUCTION (OLCVR) – GEOMETRIC & CLINICAL OUTCOMES.—–oral paper presentation at IACTS 2006.
- Chordal cutting of AML for Ischaemic Mitral regurgitation —-Case study of 3 cases—–Poster presentation at IACTS 2006.
- Should I send my Patient with severe LV dysfunction and Mitral regurgitation for surgery—–Presentation at 3C CON conference 2006 at Ahmedabad.
- Coronary artery disease and Heart failure —a dangerous intersection —-lecture at 3C Con conference 2007.
- Valve Repair or Replacement –What would you choose for your dear ones ? —- Lecture at 3C Con conference 2008.
- Heart failure and Mitral regurgitation – authored a article in Cardiology Today march-April 2007 Vol.IX No.2.
- Beneficial effects of carvedilol as a concomitant therapy to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor in patients with ischemic left ventricular systolic dysfunction Volume 85, Number 2, February 2007 ISSN 1205-7541.
- Beneficial effect of endoventricular circular patch plasty in patients with left ventricular dysfunction and with left ventricular akinetic and dyskinetic apical segment—– Indian journal of cardiothoracic and vascular surgery 2007-23:16-24.
- OUR EXPERIENCE OF VENTRICULOSEPTO PLASTY WITH LINEAR REPAIR IN CASES OF AKINETIC /DYSKINETIC ANTEROSEPTAL LEFT VENTRICULAR WALL IN ISCHAEMIC CARDIOMYOPATHY – STUDY OF 75 CASES- Oral paper presentation in ATCSA 2007 Bali Indonesia.
- Volumetric and Functional Changes of Right Ventricle as a Predictor for Outcome after Restoring Size and Shape of Left Ventricle (SVR-surgical ventricular restoration) with CABG in Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM)-study of 40 cases—Oral paper presentation in ATCSA 2007.
Co investigator in STITICH TRIAL for LV dysfunction surgery CORONARY Trial FREEDOM Trial ARC Trial –Stem Cell therapy for Ischaemic Dilated cardiomyopathy Transfusion Trial —In collaboration with cleveland clinic.
Research And Related Work
- Member of Ethics committee and IRB of SAL Hospital and research Institute.
- Member of IRB of VIBGYOR Research Limited.
- Co investigator in STICH TRIAL for LV dysfunction surgery CORONARY Trial FREEDOM Trial ARC Trial –Stem Cell therapy for Ischaemic Dilated cardiomyopathy Transfusion Trial —In collaboration with cleveland clinic.
Interest & Activities
- Music : – Light & Classical.
- Oil Painting.
- Reading Philosophical Literature.
Additional Professional Activities
- Organizing Medical Camp.
- Cardiac Disease preventive Medicine Propagation. Has taken a drive to bring the awareness in society about heart disease and its prevention.
- Organizing CME’s for doctors on monthly basis.
Ex- Treasure of Jain Doctor’s Federation, Ahmedabad.
Jt. Secretary of Jain doctor federation.
- Pioneer in Key hole (MICS) heart surgery in western India First to do Trans Aortic TAVR valve replacement in INDIA.
- First to do Hybrid CABG (Bypass) surgery in India.
- Pioneer in developing the SVR procedure in India .
- Also Did CABG (Bypass) surgery in 9 year old girl .
- Did SVR procedure in a patient from Tazakistan in one of the largest heart (almost 5 times the normal).
- Certified for Implanting the artificial Heart (LVAD) for Heart Failure Patients.
Special Area Of Interest
- Heart failure surgery
- Stem cell implementation
- Valve repair Surgeries
- New technologies
Dr. Dhiren Shah is regarded the foremost expert for cardiac surgical procedures in Gujarat as well as India. With one of the highest success rates across India, he is easily regarded as the best cardiac surgeons in Gujarat and one of the best cardiac surgeons in India.
Dr. Dhiren Shah Is an executive council member of Indian Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (INSHLT).
He has played an important role in the development of patient education through by offering healthcare mobile applications for patients through patient guides and informative mobile applications that help patients during pre operative and post operative care and guidance. His mobile application – Cardiac Surgery Patient Guide, has one of the most downloads for any doctor in India. Being one of the only doctors in India that have invested in creating a mobile application focused towards patient healthcare guidance. His mobile application is easily available to download free of cost to everyone in the world. He has been quite clear about the importance of patient’s education and how that they should always be educated properly so that they can take the best decisions.
Organ Donation DriveOrgan Donation Drive
Organ Donation Awareness with Super Bikes. One of the first events of it's kind. Its been one of those days when you feel proud to be a doctor and see the amazing SUPER SUPPORT everyone has been giving towards Organ Donation Awareness.
Thanks to everyone clicking this link and filling up the form! God Bless You! Each and every person who fills the form is on the process of saving 8 to 50 lives one day! Just imagine the amount of life you are adding !
You are the TRUE SUPER HERO!
Donate to Save Lives! Help the country live longer and do more! Help those who can't afford and help those who can make a difference. Organ donation respects all religions in love and caring for one another.
ORGAN DONATION DRIVEORGAN DONATION DRIVE - Raw Cut on 11th August 2019 organized by Dr. Dhiren Shah, a top cardiac surgeon in Ahmedabad at CIMS Hospital in India (Gujarat).
Managing Heart FailureManaging Heart Failure by Dr. Dhiren Shah - Expert Cardiac Surgeon in India and director at CIMS Hospital in Ahmedabad in Gujarat state. Dr. Dhiren Shah is an expert and amongst the top rated best heart failure doctors in India, with over a decade of experience to his name.
Tomatoes are great for the heart and healthTomatoes are great for the heart and health by Dr. Dhiren Shah - Cardiac Surgeon at CIMS Hospital Ahmedabad.
Fruit Salad is Great For the Health and HeartFruit Salad by Dr. Dhiren Shah - Cardiac Surgeon at CIMS Hospital Ahmedabad.
Dancing is Great for the HeartDancing is Great for the Heart by Dr. Dhiren Shah - Cardiac Surgeon at CIMS Hospital Ahmedabad.
Dhiren Shah - HighlightsHighlights of Dr. Dhiren Shah - Cardiac Surgeon at CIMS Hospital Ahmedabad.
Valve Repair - TAVI / TAVR by Dr. Dhiren ShahValve Repair - TAVI / TAVR by Dr. Dhiren Shah at CIMS Hospital in Ahmedabad - patient rated online as the best hospital in India.
Health Benefits of Grapes for the HeartThis video shows you the Health Benefits of Grapes for the Heart
Health Benefits of Water for the HeartThis video shows you the Health Benefits of Water for the Heart
Organ DonationThis video shows you a few reasons why you should signup for the organ donation list and prove that you are a true legend and hero!
Health Benefits of Milk for the HeartThis video shows you the Health Benefits of Milk for the Heart
Get in touch with Dr. Dhiren Shah